Xiaomi is getting ready to announce their upcoming smartphone called the Redmi 5 and Redmi 5 Plus in China on Thursday. The manager of the Xiaomi’s product “Donovan Sung” has been revealed some photos of a smartphone’s via Twitter.
Yet, they aren’t mentioned about pricing or device specifications, but in tweeted photos, we can see that both smartphones have slim bezels and approximately 18:9 aspect ratio screens. They are predicting to sport a metal body with a fingerprint sensor on below the rear camera with flash. The photos also a show that the smartphones will come in a three color variant of Black, Pink, and Blue.
We can believe the Redmi 5 smartphones to be pretty cheap. Though it isn’t the company’s flagship line, the Redmi brand series is very important to Xiaomi, mainly in Indian country. Redmi’s one of the successful models in 2017 is the Redmi 4 and Redmi Note 4 were the two most popular smartphones in the Indian country, according to new IDC figures, and has helped out Xiaomi catch up with Samsung to get the title of India’s number one smartphone Company.
Expected price range:
We don’t know how much the Redmi 5 will cost yet, but Redmi 4 pricing starts at 6,999 rupees in India, or about $108.
Expected Specifications of Redmi 5 and Redmi 5 Plus:
Xiaomi Redmi 5 specs
- The Redmi 5 is rumored to run on Android 7.1 Nougat.
- The Redmi 5 could sport a 5.7-inch HD display.
- It is expected to be powered by a Snapdragon 450 SoC.
- The smartphone is tipped to come in hybrid storage option of 64GB with 4GB of RAM. GizChina’s report also suggests 2GB and 3GB of RAM options as well.
- In-camera wise, it has a 12-megapixel sensor on the rear side with Led-flash and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera.
- It is also rumored to house a 3200mAh power battery.
Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus specs
- As a Redmi 5 Plus variant, it is tipped to sport a 5.9-inch Full HD display.
- It is likely to be powered by a Snapdragon 625 or 630 SoC coupled with either 3GB or 4GB of RAM with 32GB and 64GB storage, respectively.
- In-camera wise as like the Redmi 5, it has a 12-megapixel sensor on the rear side with Led-flash and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera.
- It could also sport a large 4000mAh battery.