Xiaomi Mi Note 3 has been officially launched at an event in Beijing. The company is touting Mi Note 3’s newly developed AI-based Beautify feature. Similar to last year’s Xiaomi Mi Mix launch event, Xiaomi unveiled its new repetition of the Mi Note series during the Mi Mix 2 launch. A successor to the Mi Note 2, the Mi Note 3 comes with upgrades in terms of design and specifications as well. The Mi Note 3 is also touted as the bigger screen version of the Mi 6. The smartphone will be available in Black and Blue color variants.
Mi note 3 Special Features
The major best part of the Xiaomi Mi Note 3 is its ‘Adaptable AI Beautify’ feature, which the company says it has been working on for half a year. As per the model name, the feature uses AI-based procedures to selfie beautify, and it has an altered process for men and women. The smartphone also allows a 7-Series aluminum alloy edge and a 4-sided curved glass body. The company is also attempting this time ‘front-facing fingerprint sensor’ on the Mi note 3 mobile, as well as the stereo speaker system.
Mi note 3 price range and launching date
The Xiaomi Mi Note 3 is priced at CNY 2,499 (Rs 24,500) for the 6GB RAM/ 64GB inbuilt storage different. While a Black 6GB RAM/ 128GB storage different is valued at CNY 2,899 (Rs 28,300), the Blue 6GB RAM/ 128GB variant comes at CNY 2,999 (approx. Rs 29,400). The Xiaomi Mi Note 3 will go on sale in from September 15. Bookings are now open in China. As of now, there is no confirmed information about an Indian launch date.
Mi note 3 Specifications
- On the operating system, the smartphone runs on Android 7.0 Nougat based MIUI 9.
- Xiaomi Mi Note 3 bears a 5.5-inch full-HD (1080×1920 pixels) display with a pixel density of 403ppi and a 94.4 percent NTSC color gamut and with a dedicated Reading Mode.
- The smartphone is powered by a Snapdragon 660 octa-core processor clocked at up to 2.2GHz coupled with 6GB of LPDDR4x RAM.
- It bears a dual rear camera setup with a 12-megapixel sensor coupled with a wide-angle lens, f/1.8 aperture and optimized low-light photography, and DSLR-like bokeh (background blur) effect and 4-axis optical image stabilization, and the second 12-megapixel sensor coupled with a telephoto lens, and a f/2.6 aperture. The setup offers 2x optical zoom, and PDAF, apart from 4K video capture. The front camera has a 16-MP with 2-micron pixels.
- The Xiaomi Mi Note 3 smartphone comes with 64GB or 128GB of inbuilt storage, with no expansion via microSD card.
- The dual-SIM (Nano-SIM), Connectivity options on board include 4G LTE, dual-band (2.4GHz and 5GHz) Wi-Fi 802.11c, and Bluetooth v5.0, GPS / A-GPS, NFC and USB Type-C.
- Sensors on board include an accelerometer, ambient light sensor, digital compass, gyroscope, an infrared sensor, figure print sensor and proximity sensor.
- It measures 152.6×73.95×7.6mm and weighs 163 grams.
- This time, Xiaomi used a 3050mAh battery with Quick Charging 3.0