After the launch of the Galaxy J5 Prime (2016), Samsung is seemingly gearing up to reveal the Samsung Galaxy J5 Prime 2017 edition later this month. The Samsung’s specification sheet has been leaked suggesting the pending launch of the smartphone. Before, the phone was spotted on the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC), as well as standard sites.
Galaxy J5 Prime Leaked Specifications:
- The leaked specs of Samsung Galaxy J5 Prime 2017 edition sheet was shared by HowTechHack and tells most of the internals of the future smartphone.
- Galaxy J5 Prime 2017 edition will be powered by a Samsung’s own Exynos 7570 SoC with four 1.4GHz Cortex-A53 cores.
- It also has a Mali-T720 GPU and 3GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage, expandable via microSD card.
- The Samsung Galaxy J5 Prime 2017 edition reportedly bears a 12-MP rear camera sensor and an 8-MP front camera for selfies and video calling.
- The smartphone has a 5-inch LCD display; Samsung has probably skipped AMOLED to further lower the cost.
- There is also a fingerprint sensor on the front of the new Galaxy J5 Prime.
- It will come with Android 7.1.1 Nougat out of the box.
- Powering the internals will be a 2500mAh battery, under the hood.
Expected Price Range
The Samsung Galaxy J5 Prime (2016) edition was debuted in the Indian market with a price tag of Rs. 14,790. It has 16GB of internal memory. Now Samsung Galaxy J5 Prime 2017 edition has a 32GB variant and went on sale at Rs. 14,900. Galaxy J5 Prime 2017 edition came with Android 6.0 Marshmallow version and soon it has received an update to Android Nougat just last month.