JioPhone Launching and Delivery date:
The pre-booking of jio new mobile started on August 24 against payment of a refundable deposit of Rs 500 and the remainder Rs 1,000 has to be paid by the customer. When the company has starts delivering them on September 21. Reliance Jio is planning to start deliveries of the jio new mobile during Navratri festival.
Reliance JioPhones has collected over 6 million reliance jio mobile phones, bookings within a day. The distribution of the free JioPhone is being planned to start in Navratri festival beginning September 21.
The jio new mobile has a features 2.4-inch QVGA display and is powered by either Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 205 or Spreadtrum’s 9820A chipset.
- It comes with 512MB RAM, 4GB internal storage with microSD support up to 128GB. The 4G feature phone runs on KAI OS and includes a voice assistant to navigate the device.
- The JioPhones also includes connectivity options like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS and NFC for digital payments.
- The JioPhones has 2000mAh battery.
- 2MP rear camera and a 0.3MP front camera.
- Unique features of Jio Phone include support for 22 Indian languages, a voice assistant to control certain functions, and the option to mirror content playing on the phone to the TV using a proprietary cable.
- The Jio-phone will come with pre-loaded applications, such as JioCinema, JioMusic, JioTV, and JioXpressNews, along with famous direct messaging and social media applications.
JioPhone Data Plan:
Ambani had announced that voice calling for customers of jio new mobile would always be free and they would get unlimited data for a month against a payment of Rs 153. Reliance jio mobile phones users get unlimited 4G data with FUP of 500MB per day and free voice calls and SMS benefits. Additionally, there is also recharge of Rs 24 for two days validity and Rs 54 for week long validity. The company is expected to begin home broadband service around Diwali next month.